The federal and provincial governments in partnership with the Canadian Agricultural Partnership are awarding approximately 6 million dollars to food and beverage processors wanting to improve the efficiency and safety of their operations.
The Cost-Share Funding Program
Named the Cost-Share Funding Program, food and beverage processors may be eligible to receive funding to commercialize or adapt advanced technology, update traceability and biosecurity systems, animal handling facilities, and more. A series of application intakes are scheduled for the upcoming months. Applications for the month of August will be accepted from August 5th, 2021, to September 2nd, 2021.
A second phase of intakes will become available September 27th, 2021 and will be open until October 18th, 2021.
How to Apply
- Access the Cost-Share Funding Program webpage by clicking here: OMAFRA
- Choose the type of project that would benefit your business from the list of eligible projects. Click the title of the project (highlighted in green) to read more and to access the application form (PDF file)
- Confirm your eligibility
- Complete the application form according to the instructions
- Submit the completed application form with all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be notified when your application has been approved
- Your business will then enter into a legal agreement with the province of Ontario to fund the project
- The project must be completed according to the terms and conditions of the legal agreement
- To receive funding, submit a claim(s) to the province of Ontario to be reimbursed for the costs of the project
For more information contact OMAFRA via email at email@example.com or call 1-877-424-1300