Project Manager and Estimator
Location: Elmira, Ontario
Salary: Based on experience
The Project Manager and Estimator is responsible for estimating and management of projects and/or opportunities for Tri-Mach Group Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for onsite management, planning, scheduling, organisation and coordination ensuring successful project completion.
- Responsible for ensuring profit margins are met on each job or project.
- Oversee project foremen to ensure they are operating effectively, safely and communicating professionally.
- Ensure all onsite work is done safely and in accordance with the code.
- Oversee all health & safety aspects of each project and address in a timely and professional manner. Advise the Joint Health & Safety Committee with any issues which require further discussion and/or action.
- Supervise project foremen and crew and provide support through coaching, training skill development and team building.
- Inform the President and Purchaser with any anticipated staffing needs/changes and material purchases to avoid project delays.
- Responsible for providing customers and managers with weekly progress reports.
- Responsible for quality control of all completed work both onsite and in house.
- Responsible for gathering all necessary project information and costs for the purposes of compiling and writing up change notices and out of scope work (extras)
- Communicating and maintaining a cooperative working relationship with all Tri-Mach employees and customers including problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Preparation of detailed job files for both in-house production and onsite work.
- Work collaboratively with other Project Managers and the Management Team at Tri-Mach to review job costing as required.
- Work with purchasers, suppliers, and vendors to ensure competitive pricing.
- Work with office administrative staff to ensure all paperwork (customer files, job files and quotes) are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Attend and contribute to weekly production meetings.
- Bring forward cost reduction initiatives to the Management Team.
- Assist in obtaining new customers when requested by the sales department.
- Become knowledgeable about Tri-Mach’s product line and preferred practices, as well as all applicable industry standards and requirements.
- Assist with research and development projects as required.
- Prepare accurate estimates of material, labour, equipment and subcontractor costs for projects based on bid specification requirements and design builds.
- Represent Tri-Mach with customers and subcontractors regarding contract negotiations, change orders/extras, disputes and claims.
- Conduct site visits as necessary.
- Estimates developed and quotes completed in ERP.
- Occasional travel may be required for estimating purposes or project management.
- Work with the President and Production Management with respect to resource planning.
Interested individuals are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. TMG is an equal opportunity employer.
About Tri-Mach Group Inc.
Tri-Mach Group Inc. is a multi-trade, turn-key solution provider of sanitary equipment & best-in-class services for the Food Processing, Liquid Processing and Personal Health Care industries. We provide our customers with custom solutions to complex problems saving them time & money. Our experience, knowledge and reputation are the keys to our success! Our professional, experienced management and tradespeople are passionate about what we do. We are committed to personal service, top-quality craftsmanship and food safety.