Health and Safety Manager
Location: Elmira, Ontario
Type: Full –Time, PERMANENT
Salary: Based on Experience
Are you interested in working for a dynamic and innovative company that is continuously growing? We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Health and Safety Manager to join our thriving multi-business/location operation!
Why the Tri-Mach Group of Companies?
We are an energetic and enthusiastic team of professionals striving for continuous improvement and operational excellence to lead our growing industries. We are passionate about what we do, building long lasting relationships with our customers and developing our people. Innovation and staying leading edge are highly encouraged throughout the business.
In addition to an awesome working environment we offer our team members competitive wages, company paid health and dental benefits, an RRSP matching program and a branded work clothing allowance.
Working closely with our Management Team you will drive the safety culture, values and activities across the Tri-Mach Group of Companies. Duties may include:
- Inspect, investigate, review and assess project sites, equipment, operational facilities, accidental losses and procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements and current safety programs
- Plan, organize and execute safety, environmental and training programs
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting occupational health and safety measures throughout the company and ensuring employees acknowledge and adhere to safety programs
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WSIB and other legal and regulatory bodies
- Perform regular inspections of plant and work sites to identify and report any workplace hazards or accident prevention
- Drive continuous improvement of safety programs, including Policy and Procedure editing and creation.
- Manage accident/incident investigations to determine cause, ensure corrective action has been implemented, and closure is obtained
- Responsible for injury case management, coordinator with Ministry of Labour, Insurance Representative, vendors and company management, return to work etc.
- Coach Managers and Foremen on fostering and maintaining a workplace culture of Health and Safety
- Coordinate and chair JHSC meetings with employees to administer Health & Safety management programs and receive workers’ concerns and recommendations
- Establish, maintain and present Health and Safety metric information
- Other duties as required
You are an energetic and enthusiastic Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Health and Safety role within an industrial manufacturing or skilled trades-based environment where you were responsible for driving health and safety within the organization. You possess a post-secondary education in OHS, you have or are working towards your CRSP designation and you possess a valid driver’s license with a willingness to travel between work locations.
We Look Forward to Hearing from You!
We appreciate your interest in the Tri-Mach Group of Companies but only those who possess the skillset we are seeking will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.