Health and Safety Coordinator
Location: Elmira, Ontario
Type: Full –Time, PERMANENT
Salary: Based on Experience
Are you interested in working for a dynamic and innovative company that is continuously growing? We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Health and Safety Coordinator to join our thriving multi-business/location operation!
Who Are We?
Over the past 30 years, the Tri-Mach Group of Companies has grown to Three Divisions which are industry leaders in their respective fields. The Tri-Mach Group of Companies consists of Tri-Mach Group Inc based in Elmira, Advance Millwrights Inc based in Elmira and Industrial Contracting Solutions Inc based in Stratford.
To learn more about our companies please visit the below websites:
Tri-Mach Group Inc https://www.tri-mach.com/
Advance Millwrights Inc http://www.advancemillwrights.com/
Industrial Contracting Solutions Inc https://www.ics-ind.com/
Why the Tri-Mach Group of Companies?
We are an energetic and enthusiastic team of professionals striving for continuous improvement and operational excellence to lead our growing industries. We are passionate about what we do, building long lasting relationships with our customers and developing our people. Innovation and staying leading edge are highly encouraged throughout the business.
In addition to an awesome working environment we offer our team members competitive wages, company paid health and dental benefits, an RRSP matching program and a branded work clothing allowance.
Working closely with our Management Team you will drive the safety culture, values and activities across the Tri-Mach Group of Companies.
- Inspect, investigate, review and assess project sites, equipment, operational facilities, accidental losses and procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements and current safety programs
- Plan, organize and execute safety, environmental and training programs
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting occupational health and safety measures throughout the company and ensuring employees acknowledge and adhere to safety programs
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WSIB and other legal and regulatory bodies
- Work collectively with the President, CEO and Board of Directors to determine Health & Safety goals and strategies for the company and ensure they meet all fiscal, strategic and legislative requirements
- Develop and review safety policies and programs, including training, processes and procedures
- Conduct in-house training and presentations, including process and procedure training for equipment and accident prevention training as specified by the Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WSIB and other legal and regulatory bodies
- Monitor compliance with company safety policies, Ministry of Labour, TSSA and customer safety policies
- Perform regular inspections of plant and work sites to identify and report any workplace hazards or accident prevention
- Enforce all established safety regulations and safe work practices in accordance with company policy
- Work in conjunction with company departments to ensure hazard risk assessments have been completed as necessary
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe proper operation by operators
- Maintain and ensure proper record keeping for all company-owned equipment
- Drive continuous improvement of safety programs, including Policy and Procedure editing and creation.
- Manage accident/incident investigations to determine cause, ensure corrective action has been implemented, and closure is obtained
- Correct physical conditions, which are liable to have caused an incident or accident
- Responsible for injury case management, coordinator with Ministry of Labour, Insurance Representative, vendors and company management, return to work etc.
- Coach Managers and Foremen on fostering and maintaining a workplace culture of Health and Safety
- Recommend disciplinary action when necessary and write disciplinary letters on behalf of foremen or supervisors
- Coordinate and chair JHSC meetings with employees to administer Health & Safety management programs and receive workers’ concerns and recommendations
- Prepare meeting minutes for monthly safety talks and upcoming meetings within 5 days of occurrence
- Follow-up on all JHSC meeting action items to ensure completion
- Maintain strong knowledge of upcoming legislative changes to proactively develop and implement procedures
- Develop and maintain Contractor Information Packages
- Coordinate with Project Managers to communicate sales and request for WSIB certificates, certificates of insurance and other safety related paperwork requested by customer and contractors
- Compile and distribute safety newsletter and bulletins on a regular basis
- Attend Health & Safety training seminars as required
- Establish, maintain and present Health and Safety metric information
- Other duties as required
- Post secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or working towards
- Certifications in, or willing to obtain:
- Train the trainer
- Aerial Lift
- Lift Truck
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space
- First Aid/CPR
- Mental Health First Aid
- JHSC Level 2
- Experience with OSG an asset
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience in an industrial manufacturing and/or skilled-trades environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, possess a personal vehicle and be willing to travel between business locations and job sites
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB and other legal and regulatory bodies
- Strategic Thinker/Visionary: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Able to determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it
- Adaptability: Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, cope effectively with complexity and change and quickly understand and absorb new information
- Calm under pressure: Able to maintains stable performance under pressure
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints before formalizing a conclusion
- Communication: Able to communicate clearly and effectively through all forms of oral and written communication
- Presentation skills: Comfortable leading meetings with internal parties as well as presenting proposals, reports and data to groups on topics related to the Health and Safety Program
- Organization Skills: Highly organized and self driven to achieve set goals
We Look Forward to Hearing from You!
Interested individuals are invited to apply to email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in the Tri-Mach Group of Companies but only those who possess the skillset we are seeking will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.