Tri-Mach Group Inc. (TMG) is a dynamic and innovative company that is continuously growing. We are currently seeking a passionate, qualified candidate for a full-time Mechanical Designer. This career requires a working knowledge of drafting and design principles, material types and properties, and manufacturing processes.
Title: Mechanical Designer
Location: Elmira, Ontario
Type: Full–Time, PERMANENT
Salary: Based on Experience
Works Closely with:
Engineering manager and team, Machine shop, Operations Manager, Project Managers, Project Estimators, Financial Controller, Administrative Staff, Purchasing Department, Fabrication, Assembly Supervisors and Support Staff as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Balance workload of multiple projects.
- Involvement in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans, including detailed shop drawings.
- Assist in the Mechanical Design review process.
- Provide shop floor support on an on-going basis.
- Become knowledgeable about our product line and preferred practices, as well as all applicable industry standards and requirements.
- Conduct necessary site visits to obtain field measurements in order to complete detailed drawings.
- 5 to 10 years in a mechanical design/engineering environment is an asset.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D modeling and AutoCAD 2D. Any Inventor 3D experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of the food industry, food safety and sanitary design principles an asset.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment and work independently on various design projects .
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Applied knowledge of Design for Manufacturing techniques
- Working knowledge of automated equipment
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complete designs using standard 2D engineering drawings
- Comprehensive understanding of metal fabricating equipment and processes
- Applied knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques
- Collaborative person willing share ideas and experiences
Interested individuals are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. TMG is an equal opportunity employer.
About Tri-Mach Group Inc.
Tri-Mach Group Inc. is a full service, multi-trade solution provider for all your facility upgrade and integration needs. Through 28 years of uncompromising service, we have become an industry leader in the food, beverage and personal health care sectors. Our reputation is the key to our success. We are committed to personal service, top-quality craftsmanship and food safety. Our professional, experienced management and trades people are passionate about what we do. We work locally, nationally and internationally to meet your needs.