Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Designer
Location: Elmira, Ontario
Type: Full–Time, PERMANENT
Salary: Based on Experience
Direct Reports: Engineering Manager
Works Closely with:
Internal: Operations Manager, Project Managers, Project Estimators, Financial Controller, Administrative Staff, Purchasing Department, Fabrication, Machine Shop and Assembly Supervisors and Support Staff as required.
External: New & Existing customers, suppliers, other industry partners
Tri-Mach Group Inc. (TMG) is a dynamic and innovative company that is continuously growing. We are currently seeking passionate, qualified candidates for a full-time Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Designer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Engineering Manager
- Assist in the Mechanical Design process across our entire product range
- Take on a range of project responsibility, from partial responsibility on larger projects to full responsibility on smaller projects
- Support the manufacturing process as required
- Produce detailed Parts Drawings and/or Layouts accurately and in a timely manner using SolidWorks, AutoCAD 2D, and/or Inventor 3D models
- Ensure models are suitable for in-house manufacturing of systems or parts
- Update/catalogue of all department drawings
- Order purchased parts as required
- Record purchases for each project and produce detailed Bills of Materials
- Provide shop floor support on an ongoing basis
- Become knowledgeable about our product line and preferred practices, as well as all applicable industry standards and requirements
- Conduct site visits when detailed drawings from a site are necessary
- Perform on-site measurements and sketches for parts, equipment, and layouts at customer’s facilities as required
- Assist in producing presentation drawings, quotations, parts and service manuals, etc.
- Interact with customers and suppliers to confirm project details, specifications, and to exchange other information as required
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager
- For Senior level: 5+ years of experience in a Senior role, experience managing other designers
- For Intermediate / Senior Level: Min. 5 years of mechanical design experience
- Experience managing other designers
- Experience in designing equipment for Bakery industry – specifically, fabric belt conveyors
- Experience in designing equipment for Secondary Packaging applications
- Familiar with the principles of automation and automated packaging lines
- Proficiency with SolidWorks design software
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the food industry, food safety, and sanitary design principles an asset
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a mechanical design/engineering background or relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time, and budget management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Interested individuals are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. TMG is an equal opportunity employer.
About Tri-Mach Group Inc.
Tri-Mach Group Inc. is a full service, multi-trade solution provider for all your facility upgrade and integration needs. Through 28 years of uncompromising service, we have become an industry leader in the food, beverage and personal health care sectors. Our reputation is the key to our success. We are committed to personal service, top-quality craftsmanship and food safety. Our professional, experienced management and trades people are passionate about what we do. We work locally, nationally and internationally to meet your needs.