Tri-Mach Group Inc. is a dynamic and innovative multi-trade service provider for the food, beverage and personal health care industries. We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual for an Health & Safety Coordinator position within our organization.
Title : Health & Safety Coordinator
Department : H&S
Location : Elmira, Ontario
Type : Full –Time, PERMANENT
Salary : Based on Experience
Direct Report : President & CEO; Board of Directors
Works Closely with
Internal : All employees within the Tri-Mach Group of Companies
External : All regulatory bodies; new & existing customers.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position protects the Company, its employees, its owners and the public-at-large by inspecting, investigating, reviewing and assessing project sites, equipment, operational facilities, accidental losses and procedures to ensure compliance and legal requirements with current Safety Programs, Environmental, and Occupational Health and Safety laws and regulations. Planning, organizing and implementing Tri-Mach Group Inc. safety, environmental and training programs. The role is responsible for maintaining and promoting occupational health and safety measures throughout the company, and ensuring employees acknowledge and adhere to safety programs.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB, and other legal and regulatory bodies
- Work collectively with the President & CEO and Board of Directors to determine health and safety goals and strategies for the company ensuring that they meet all fiscal, strategic and legislative requirements
- Review existing and develop new safety policies and programs, including, training, processes and procedures
- Conduct in-house training and presentations for all health and safety matters, equipment and process and procedure training as required by the Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB and other legal and regulatory bodies and accident prevention for all employees
- Monitor compliance of Company safety policies, Ministry of Labour, TSSA, and customer’s safety policies
- Maintain a presence in the plants and work sites to perform regular inspections to identify and report any workplace hazards and/or accident prevention
- Enforce all established safety regulations and safe work practices in accordance with company policy
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe proper operation by operators
- Maintain and ensure proper record keeping for all company owned equipment
- Recommend solutions to issues and improvement opportunities to provide safe working conditions for all workers, subcontractors and visitors
- Manage accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, insure corrective action(s) have been implemented and proper closure is obtained
- Correct physical conditions, which are liable to cause or have caused an accident
- Responsible for injury case management; coordination with Ministry of Labour, Insurance Representative, Vendors and Company management, return to work, etc.
- Recommend disciplinary action when necessary and writing of disciplinary letters on behalf of other foremen or supervisor
- Coordinate and chair JHSC, safety meetings with employees to administer health and safety management programs and receive workers’ concerns, complaints and recommendations
- Prepare meeting minutes for monthly safety walks JHSC and other H&S meetings within 5 days
- Follow-up on all meeting action items and ensure completion
- Maintain training database, ensuring all employees are up to date on H&S certifications
- Maintain a strong knowledge of legislative changes that are upcoming to proactively develop and implement procedures
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Contractor Information Packages. Coordinate with the PM’s, sales and with the customers all requests for WSIB certificates, certificates of insurance and other safety related paperwork requested by customer and contractors
- Compile and distribute safety newsletter and bulletins on a regular basis
- Attend any H&S training seminars as require
- Post-secondary education in a related field, an asset
- Trade experience an asset
- Safety certificate training is considered a strong asset
- JHSC certification is considered a strong asset
- Thorough knowledge and understand of the Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB, and other legal and regulatory bodies
Interested individuals are invited to apply to: resumes(at)tri-mach.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. TMG is an equal opportunity employer.
About Tri-Mach Group Inc.
Tri-Mach Group Inc. is a full service, multi-trade solution provider for all your facility upgrade and integration needs. Through 30+ years of uncompromising service, we have become an industry leader in the food, beverage and personal health care sectors. Our reputation is the key to our success. We are committed to personal service, top-quality craftsmanship and food safety. Our professional, experienced management and trades people are passionate about what we do. We work locally, nationally and internationally to meet your needs.